AMI’s Nursing Program is an LPN-to-RN bridge program. It provides the skills, knowledge, and AMI’s LPN to RN Nursing Bridge is 12-Months program that provides the skills, knowledge, and competencies for currently licensed LPNs to advance their careers and potentially become licensed as RNs. This program is competency-based and consists of three components: theoretical understanding, practice laboratory experience, and clinical skill. Students must show competency in all areas in order to complete the program. All course content is aligned with industry needs as well as the NCLEX-RN exam, to prepare students both for licensure and employment. Successful completion of the courses will enable the student to provide safe, direct care for patients of all ages in various structured health care settings. The LPN to RN Nursing Bridge places an emphasis on each student to function in a mature, consistent manner that reflects an understanding of professional and ethical conduct, personal responsibility, and accountability for behaviors and actions. Upon successful completion of the LPN to RN Nursing Bridge, graduates will receive a diploma.
Pre-Admission Requirement (Effective May 1, 2023, will be Offered in A blended Learning)
- An Academia Medical Institute application (School will email E-Application)
- Documentation of a High School Diploma or the equivalent.
- Proof Of Residence in Ohio: The applicant must be a U.S Citizen or Permanent Resident of the United States. Applicants must also be a resident of the state of Ohio. To prove residency, the applicant must submit two official, unexpired government-issued identification forms. One of the forms of identification must include an address. Acceptable forms of documentation include a Social Security Card, Driver’s License, State Issued I.D, Passport, and/or proof of U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residency card, if not a U.S. Citizen.
- If the applicant’s identification that includes an address lists a non-Ohio address, the applicant will be required to provide an attestation stating that they currently reside in Ohio, along with supporting documentation, such as a lease/rental agreement utility bill, or similar, if possible.
- A nursing transcript from their program indicates the date of successful completion.
- Students will be accepted from any practical nursing program approved by the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN), provided the applicant has passed or applied to take the NCLEX-PN examination in any U.S State or Under the Jurisdiction of U.S state, territory, or political subdivision of the United States of America in which a board or legal approving authority regulates nurse licensure and nursing practice and maintains membership in the national council of state boards of nursing. AMI, will not accept Licensure with Inactive, suspended, revoked, or Licensure subject to restrictions.
- BCI/FBI background check (School Offers this service)
- Pre-Entrance Examination with a basic level test score of 70% or higher -$75
After Acceptance and before the first clinical experience
- The student must have passed the NCLEX-PN examination to remain active in the LPN to RN Nursing Bridge.
- Licensure as a licensed practical nurse in Ohio will be verified via the Ohio Board of Nursing Website prior to the first clinical.
- A mandatory orientation to the program must be attended. (Each student will receive written notification of the date and time of this meeting.)
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) (Online courses do not meet requirements and cannot be accepted by AMI.)
- Health Examination that confirms the ability to participate in the program without limitations (Must have been completed within the previous 12 months)
- Immunizations & vaccinations to include:
- 2 Step Mantoux Tuberculin Skin Test or, as necessary, a chest x-ray
- Hepatitis B series or a signed waiver declining immunization
- History of 2 MMR vaccinations or titer showing immunity
- DTaP vaccine
- Annual flu vaccine when it becomes available each year*
CALL US FOR MORE INFORMATION AT (614) 279-49000