LPN Practical Nursing Admission
Practical Nursing (PN) Admission Requirements
- PROOF OF AGE: Applicant must be 18 years of age or older at the time he or she starts the Nursing Program
- REGISTRATION FEE: Applicant must Complete Application and pay a registration fee of $100 (Application online)
- ENTRANCE EXAM: The applicant must pass the ATI TEAS pre-entrance exam with a score of 48% or HESI Entrance Exam with a composite score of 70%. Entry Exams must be within a 2-year period from the date taken the test.
- HIGH SCHOOL/GED: The applicant must provide documentation of graduation from high school in the form of a valid high school diploma, transcript, or other acceptable documentation issued by an authorized state education agency (e.g., General Education Development (GED) in Ohio.) International transcripts/documents need to be evaluated by a third-party evaluator for equivalency.
- PROOF OF RESIDENCE: The applicant must be a U.S Citizen or Permanent Resident of the United States. Applicant Must submit two forms of official, unexpired government-issued documentation for admission (Social Security, Driver’s License, State issued I.D, Passport, or proof of U.S Citizenship or Permanent Residency card, if not a U.S Citizen)
- ENROLLMENT AGREEMENT: The applicant must complete and sign the enrollment agreement and pay any applicable enrollment agreement fees.
AFTER ACCEPTANCE: Students are required to provide documentation of the following items: In all cases, these documents must be on file prior to the start of the clinic externship.
- COMPLETED BACKGROUND CHECKS —Both BCI and FBI (Using Code: 4723.09)
- CPR CERTIFICATION: Applicants must have a Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Healthcare Provider — Basic Life Support (BLS) completion certificate prior to beginning the program.
- PHYSICAL EXAMINATION: Applicant must have a current record of physical examination by a licensed health care provider prior to admission to the program (no older than 1 Year). Please contact us to receive the required application forms
- 1-STEP TUBERCULOSIS(TB) TESTING: Applicants must have a screening for TB test prior to the start of the Clinical Site Visit. Testing must be done within one year before beginning the program and again before beginning clinical rotations.