ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR AWARD:
- Be a student enrolled in the LPN-to-RN Bridge Program
- Have completed the first semester (minimum) and be in Good Academic Standing per the SAP Policy
- Must be an Ohio resident
- Must be a graduate of AMI’s Practical Nursing Program and have passed the NCLEX-PN
- Submit a complete application for a grant on AMI’s website
Grant recipients will be notified via email of a decision approximately 4-6 weeks from the time the application is received by AMI. Up to ten (10) grants will be awarded per cohort. Each student is only eligible to receive one (1) grant, even if they qualify multiple semesters. The awards are first come first serve. If more than 10 qualified students apply, the award will be given to the first ten (10) qualified applicants.
NUMBER OF AWARDS PER ACADEMIC TERM:
- Up to ten (10) grants of $2000 will be awarded to qualified students in each LPN-to-RN Bridge Program cohort. Each student may only receive one grant award ($2000 max).
VALUE ($) OF GRANT/SCHOLARSHIP:
- $2000 Grant (Tuition Credit)
HOW THE GRANT/SCHOLARSHIP WILL BE AWARDED (TUITION CREDIT, CASH, BOOK CREDIT, ETC):
- Grant will be used as a tuition credit. If the student voluntarily withdraws or is administratively withdrawn prior to program completion, the grant will be forfeited and the tuition credit removed from the student’s financial ledger.
CAN THE GRANT/SCHOLARSHIP BE RENEWED?
SOURCE OF GRANT/SCHOLARSHIP (FUNDED BY SCHOOL, OUTSIDE ENTITY, OR OTHER SOURCE):
- The grant will be funded by AMI.
Can students apply for the Grant/Scholarship award prior to enrollment in school or is the Grant/Scholarship application made after enrollment?
- Application is made after enrollment. The student must complete at least one term and achieve a GPA of 3.0 Academic standing, as well as meet all other eligibility requirements, in order to apply for and potentially be awarded a grant.